The Human Trafficking Legal Center is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized intern to contribute to growing and executing the Human Trafficking Legal Center’s communications and outreach strategy. This opportunity is for undergraduate and graduate students. This internship is for the coming Summer term. Both remote and in-person applicants will be considered.
Who We Are
The Human Trafficking Legal Center connects trafficking survivors with pro bono representation so that survivors can seek justice and thrive. We are a bridge to justice. We demand accountability from traffickers, from governments, and from corporations. We shine a light on the system failures that allow trafficking to flourish. Trafficking survivors who escape their traffickers face tremendous challenges. In light of those challenges, we advocate for survivors as agents of change and as leaders in the movement. We fight for systems change to end forced labor, including forced labor in global supply chains.
Who You Are
You fight for human rights. You believe in the power of storytelling, public education, and communications as a tool to change hearts and minds. You seek to change the laws and policies that harm trafficking survivors. You are ready to put your excellent writing skills, social media acumen, strong work ethic, and problem-solving skills to work.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with tracking and monitoring the Human Trafficking Legal Center’s media coverage.
- Update our website with new content (knowledge of WordPress is a plus).
- Track website, social media, and other relevant communications metrics.
- Work with the Development & Communications Director to implement supporter engagement strategy and create content for outreach and fundraising campaigns.
- Conduct research to support internal and external communications.
- Monitor online conversations on issue areas related to the Human Trafficking Legal Center’s mission.
- Identify key influencers and media targets.
- Assist in creating and compiling various educational and outreach materials.
- Participate in skills workshops to develop new knowledge and demonstrate competencies in goal setting, analytical thinking, communicating, problem-solving, team-building, presenting, and synthesizing information — while honing networking and interviewing skills.
- Work on other communications tasks as needed.
This is a paid internship.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, in PDF format, to Shayna Horwitz at [email protected] with “Summer Communications Internship” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to include a writing sample, if available.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but please apply by May 15, 2021 for best consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone or video interviews. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.