Summer Legal Fellow
We are seeking a full-time legal fellow in our Washington, D.C. office to support our work empowering trafficking survivors to secure justice. Internships at HT Legal are unpaid, but internship credit may be available through students’ law schools. This internship is for the coming Summer term. Both remote and in-person applicants will be considered.
HT Legal also sponsors recent law graduates receiving fellowships and grants. Please email [email protected] for more information on organizational sponsorship.
- Conduct trafficking case analysis using HT Legal’s data resources
- Research and draft fact sheets on human trafficking trends
- Research international human trafficking strategic litigation
- Provide support to supervising attorney as needed
- Strong interest and commitment to human rights and public interest law
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle several tasks at once while working independently or as a member of a team
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
EDUCATION: Applicants must be law students who are currently enrolled for the duration of the internship term.
INTERNSHIP PERIOD: The internship position will begin in May and end in August, although dates are flexible.
TIME COMMITMENT: Candidates must be available for 35 hours/week minimum.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter, resume, short writing sample (2-5 pages), and a list of 3 references, all in PDF format, to [email protected] with “Summer Law Internship Application” in the subject line.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.